Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Reading task.

This week I am blogging my reading task. I'm in the Lions reading group. We had to read the book Grandparents day then answer some questions about the book. This task was really fun.

Task 1
How do you think Granny and Pop are feeling when they are at the school? Explain your reasoning.
I think Granny was feeling very stressed out and didn’t want to be late to Isla's grandparents-day Because of the muffin ending up burnt so they had to go to the bakery and when they were out of blueberry muffins that probably stressed granny out even more. I think Pop was pretty calm but very forgetful.


Task 2
On page 41, Pop starts daydreaming about when he went to school. Do some research about school in New Zealand in the old days and compare it to school in 2016. Include at least 3 comparisons.


Feather and ink
Pen
Desks
Tables
Leather-strap
Thinking spot


Task 3
Find 3 new vocabulary words. Write them and their definition below.

Murmurs
Whisper under her breath.
Isla
The girls name.
Cable
Is a white thing in the wall that you plug your electronics in.

I hope you enjoyed my post. Please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment